Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Wine tasting in Air

Although I have nothing against consumption of alcohol, I am not comfortable consuming beverages containing alcohol. What kept puzzling me from days that I can remember is what attracts a large section of people to this? How does it taste? What kind of intoxication does one derive after consuming it and so on...

Well, when I was scheduled to fly across the ocean on a long flight, I thought it is ideal to try out with no known person in sight and I guess superior quality of the beverage that the airline provides.

Last time I flew, I had seen the air hostess pouring RED WINE in beautiful wine glasses and I that's the only name of a wine that I knew. I had read in the internet that red wine was good for health, so I thought this was a safe bet.

Air Hostess: What would you like to drink sir?

Me: RED WINE

Air Hostess: what sort of red wine do you prefer?

......crash....now what do I tell....I did not want to reveal that I had no knowledge on this.....

Me: Give me the best one please

Air Hostess: I will serve you the @#$$%^, i am sure you will like it

She gave me a packet of chips to go with the wine, reminded me of the drunkards having country liquor on the rode side with potato bajji. Here the only difference was that the country liquor was replaced by some branded wine and bajji by chips.

The wine tasted like a stronger version of Benadryl cough syrup. Felt like some one lit a fire in my lungs. After a while felt like I am in air totally intoxicated by the wine.

That was the last time I tasted wine till date and I guess it will be the last for the rest of my life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home