Friday, September 23, 2005

Choosing my Car

Finally reduced the weight of my wallet considerably – bought a car. SANTRO XL.
How did I zero in on this choice? Ignorance (sometimes) is bliss. This time the ignorance was about automobiles. Further the spending cap on the car was not more than 400000 rupees (which I feel is very high). I could make my choice pretty fast.

The method of elimination went thus:
  • No to Maruti 800; We have been seeing that car since the days I was on tricycle

  • Well, let’s go Maruti Alto was a choice; On a second thought, if I invest 15% more than what Alto costs I will be able to own a Maruti Zen or Hyundai Santro

  • Zen – had everything but the “wow!” factor; Zen stopped appealing to my eyes only because I have seen it on the roads for quite some years now

  • Santro – the dealer promised a mp3 CD player, central locking among other small goodies; These would cost me close to 12000 rupees in the case of Maruti where none of these are provided for free

  • There are two sets of people, one who adore the looks of Santro and the other who hate Santro for the same reason. I always liked the looks of Santro; an elite look.

  • Santro will be delivered within 2 days of shelling out the price where as others took at least a fortnight

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home