Tuesday, January 17, 2006

SIP

Spent the last weekend studying & analyzing mutual funds. Mutual funds (rather anything to do with equity markets) were till recently anathema to me just because the first two IPOs that my parents invested during the Harshad Mehta times simply vaporized. However all articles on rediff, outlook money and so on emphasized that SIP can give you good returns in growing markets  (like that of India) provided you have the patience to wait for the returns on a long term. Convincing now. Let me see, I will again write on this blog after 5 years what I gained or lost.

This SIP funda gave me an idea to suffer the minimum cheating by faulty auto-rickshaw meters in Bangalore. If you have to travel a distance more than 15 kilometers, divide your journey into chunks of 5 kms and it is more likely that at least one rickshaw will have the meter right. So you can reduce the amount of money you get cheated (and again like mutual funds this makes sense only on a long-term). Funny?

Not proof reading…got to catch the bus…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home