Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Matrimonial columns

Now, before you stretch your imaginations about my marriage plans based on the title of this blog entry, let me clarify that even though I am old enough to enter wedlock, there are parameters other than age which prevents me from entering into one.

I have been browsing matrimonial columns (even before shaadis successfully went online) right from the age of say 12. I was not too young, I was just right for that or rather anyone is. The matrimonial columns  offer much more than just linking two unknown people into wedlock (kind of blind date followed wedding, but it is blasphemous to say so in India that is Bharat). The columns can substitute any comic strip, can provide exact figures of salary structures of various companies, provide INS information (mainly visa status) of many, holiday plans of grooms from amerika, hot jobs, hot companies (mostly technology companies) based on which one can even decide the kind of stocks one should invest, vulgar display of status, conservative interiors of people who otherwise sport a very modern outlook, double standards, status of siblings and much more. Should I say…full time pass….
    

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

""let me clarify that even though I am old enough to enter wedlock, there are parameters other than age which prevents me from entering into one. ""

May be you should write on these parameters..It will be fun to read about them..hehehe..


Regards
Chinmay

Friday, January 27, 2006 1:27:00 PM  
Blogger Vivek said...

I don't want anyone having a gala time at my expense Mr.Chin!

Friday, January 27, 2006 6:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home